I
remember the promises you whispered to me, under the blanket of the night sky
I thought the notion was beautiful, yet I could sense deep down you knew I
couldn't do the same
The timing wasn't right for me to give away my heart, when so much still
weighed heavy
My habits were already so out of control by the time you wanted a relationship
you spoke timidly but so sure of your love, and all I could focus on was your
soft lips
Maybe you thought you could fix me, or save me, I'm sorry baby
that you were just as addicted to my addiction as me, and your life got crazy
As an addict I thought I felt the pain alone, but it's like you were beside me
every time
you were wishing you could repair my wounds while I was sniffing lines
I did make you a couple promises, I tried the best I could to keep them
all I did was fight tooth and nail, saying I was fine, and you played pretend
trying to tell yourself it was okay and you'd survive, we would pull through
together
we wrote eachother letters, made the mixed cd's, and always said we'd be
forever
you justified my actions because you thought I would change
as much as I wanted to, I just remained the same
I still left you alone on your greatest moments, your shining glory
when all you wanted was me there, but I'd make up some story
I would disappear and make you wonder if this love was even fair
the first cut is the deepest and your first love left wounds beyond repair
Our love when it was in it's bloom was the most beautiful thing my eyes ever
saw
Four bright blue eyes sharing the world, the trembling fingers, it's all so raw
I watched as you would defend me and I didn't deserve it at all
but you were too scared to let me down, or to see me fall
You believed in me during my weakest moments, I repaid you with my absence
left me little love notes to boost my spirit, I slowly destroyed your self
confidence
I remember it all too well, from the passion filled nights, the shy ones too
to me turning into an empty shell, and your entire life being affected by my
mood
I remember the music playing us to sleep, the poetry you used to write about
our lives
the lazy Sunday's or how I was during my tenth try
The stars didn't look the same after we left each other the final time
The color half faded from my world and my rhymes
I asked you to marry me someday, isn't that crazy?
I wanted to ask you properly when we went to Europe
In the changes we’ve made, the “two different places we’re at”, I guess it’s
time to give up
I had someone tell me that everything happens for a reason, that we're better
off this way
I need to learn to be happy on my own before anyone commits to stay
You say we were young and stupid, we didn't know what we were doing
I say we had something going, we were on the brink of something
Now you’re gone, someone that I used to know, I'm stuck remembering, but will
never truly know
No comments:
Post a Comment