3/09/2012

Lullabies for the Broken Hearted

Beauty is so much more than just skin deep, look into my eyes you can see that fact
yet my wisdom and intelligence is not what makes them attracted
the beautiful eyes that hide the beautiful lies, the curling lips
that make them fall apart when traced with soft fingertips
the smile that can turn into a frown in ten seconds flat,
the lovely words that make me sprawl out onto my back, and let you attack
beauty is mostly what’s on the inside
and I think that’s what makes me so terrified, that’s why I hide
I think people would think the real me is ugly
if they knew my passions they would forget to love me
I’ve had my heart broken ten times over, without the grace of getting closure
and with each closed door , another opened, but I never got any closer
to finding the things deep inside me that mattered the most,
the clock keeps ticking, the leeches continue to feed off their host.
The angels chant with shrieking voices when you’re 1000 feet under and not able to make choices
the demons feed off relentless greed while their lips moisten from these twisted noises
I cannot fight fate, but I combat my fear when I look into the mirror
I no longer hate the girl I am staring at here.
Change takes time, sometimes this time does not heal all open wounds
winners are destined to win, and losers are destined to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment