Sometimes I can't explain how I really feel or the things that go on inside my mind.
My poetry just...flows out of me. I get inspiration at the strangest of times, when a piece starts coming out of my mind, I don't stop until the whole thing is done. Sometimes it's quick, sometimes a bit longer. I can't say that the inspiration comes from being sober..because truly, it doesn't.. But now it's kinda like I'm piecing together the past five years of my life through rhymes. I always remember situations and how much I broke people down. I think about the shame, the heartbreak, the lying, the cheating, the stealing, guilt, hopelessness, and everything else in between. Sometimes I write about myself in first person, sometimes I tell people's stories, sometimes it's just...the closest thing I can get to trying to get people to understand what addiction is really like.
It is literally going through hell.
No comments:
Post a Comment