When
I’m sober, I feel almost speechless
I throw out every rhyme, like “the world doesn’t need this”
I feel like I lost my voice when I gave up dope
all my poetic verses faded and I’d just choke
seems a little backward, you think I’d have gained the motivation
to write about the past, but I just don’t have the patience
people know my “story” in different places, I feel almost famous
but the story only entails what I did to create this
they don’t give me any tips on how to clean up the mess
forgiving and forgetting sounds easier than it really is
cause I can’t see myself forgetting, but I already did forgive
the hardest part was admitting all this time I was wrong
thinking I had it all, but it was gone all along
and my old friends won’t even give me the time of day anymore
there’s too many broken pieces scattered on the floor
who am I, if I’m not living just to be free?
who am I, if I’m surely not even me…?
No comments:
Post a Comment