She doesn’t know why she puts herself in these types of situations
when she knows the same outcome will follow, every single time
these people just don’t have the ability to grasp the patience
they want to know every inch before it might be too late
and so this is how the story always goes, in every new place she still meets her fate
of “living for the moment”, but we all know too well that not everything is what it seems
she has big dreams, high hopes for an outstanding future
but all they care about are her amazing features
she was raised with women who were amazing teachers
but even in their case of overprotection, she always found the losers
not like it can be denied that she has it, her pretty eyes and smile
but underneath the exterior she’s something else
she doesn’t crave the attention but it always finds her anyways
and so she gets wrapped up in situations like each one is a phase
lying to herself and saying it’s all jus a part of the game
because deep down inside she doesn’t know how to really place any blame
and inside it’s like she’s always on fire, inside her mind is so miswired
contesting with herself like one personality is a liar
they don’t wanna spend no time, they just wanna spend the money
so when she asks for more than sex, they look at her funny
girl, why do you think I’m even here? I won’t remember your name come next year..
oh shit, break a glass let’s start the show, cause them are words that bring the fear
sucking up to get in my pants and the next day I’m cursing the mirror
like, what have I become? I thought I was gonna be someone worth the time!
and now I’m just stuck in purgatory, the limbo between the future and what I’ve left behind
because I cannot control my emotions and extinguish the fires, I spoke of in my mind
wrap me up in leather straps, defects always love to feel them tighten
like a parcel you would send to your mother, with care, no signature required
cause who the fuck wants an autograph from someone who’s so out of style..
used up, abused up, gone like special deals from yesterdays flyers
ohhh lovely lady, please sing me another sad song before my trip home
I need something to hum to myself while I’m waiting by the phone
for another phone call from a monster who is only gonna break my heart
but I love to be broken, such is the way it’s been from the start.
No comments:
Post a Comment