4/16/2012

Epiphanies

When things get twisted and it’s more than just “a phase”
when your mind’s a mess and your heart beat’s like crazy
when your smile is fake and you never feel quite amazing
embrace the fact that every moment, like the universe, you’re changing
Growing up is brutal, but it’s an adventure all it’s own
from your first steps and talking, to finally leaving home
from being loved to being hated, and every little lie you condone
from living and being tied down, and learning the true meaning of being alone.
Things are never perfect, but it’s all in how we view it
some things are uncontrollable, but some wrong things – we choose it
so when you feel lost and insecure, defeated and totally alone
try and remember all the beautiful things you have ever been shown
I know nightmares are scary, and they seem so vivid and real
they haunt me too, and once in a while the fear makes me forget to feel
but I continue to wake up in the morning and smile at my second chance
if you are ever afraid that the good just won’t last,
open your eyes to the miracles and soon the clouds will pass.
if life didn’t break us once in awhile, we’d never learn – it’d be too easy
all the poetic words we speak would surely lose their meaning
reality can be terrifying, so I tune into my colourful dreaming
reaching for the stars has taught me to start believing,
and to accept the real love I have been scared of receiving.
forgiving myself has lifted a huge weight, oh it feels so relieving
and these words are too important to be misinterpreted, please believe me
if you learn to take the beatings, fate will intervene – soon you will see
all the good things your heart has been so scared to know,
‘cause really even the darkness has a certain glow.
I’ve always been told the grass is greener on the other side
well I’d say whoever taught me that surely did lie
because I have been to both sides, and on each I have cried
so on my journey , I re-taught myself the truth..
the grass is only as green as the courage you hold inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment