
You tried to keep my head above the water every time I was about to sink
you tried to sort my thoughts out for me when I was too braindead to even think
and it wasn’t worth a god damn thing, I was too consumed by falling stars
slowly twisting the pipe in my hands as I watched it all disappear and fall apart
I never said thank you for you trying to stop the wars I had inside my heart
I never apologized for fucking you over right from the start
now here I am, I’m alone in this world again, more alone than I was during my addiction
and I’m just trying to find my balance, trying to erase the afflictions
who are you? Who am i? I can’t even see the light inside the tunnel
all I do is write down my thoughts and hope someone can maybe make some sense of it
cause all the words that flow from my twisted brain just sound like a load of shit
I thought people would have been proud of me when I kicked the habit
but the sad truth is they just think of me the same, I guess I never had it
I remember some nights you would talk to me when no one else would give me their time
and all I could give you in return was the promise of lies
what’s with the sad stories, girl, you have a life to be proud of
if that’s true, why do I feel so down, uh?
this life is so much harder than I ever thought it could be
trying to piece together the future I know I have in me
but everything good seems so far away, seems so out of touch
and the everyday necessities even seem like too much
like getting up, and trying to pretend to give a fuck
while inside I’m screaming out for someone to just give a fuck
can’t you see, nothing is ever good enough to me, nothing is ever enough at all
and that’s the main reason the good kings and queens fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment