In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It. Goes. On. *
4/26/2012
Isn't It Lovely?
I’m not surprised at how many of my friends now live beautiful lives
their so picture perfect looking from the outside
but on the inside their fantasies are stricken with lies
I can tell by the look in some of these girls’ eyes
I wish I could tell you that everything gets better in time
but if I told you the world is good I would only be lying
to me nothing is perfect, but if it’s not perfect it isn’t worth it
how does that even make sense?
I try to walk tall with the rising sun but my shoes melt into the pavement
im trying to find meaning in the pain but I don’t know how to change it
I get my inspiration from the howling wolves and disappearing stars
watching aurora borealis lights, realizing that this distance is really too far
we all want something bigger than what we really are
dreams are in the palms of our hands but we never feel good enough
cause the dreams we hold seem big but they still aren’t enough
and it’s the lack of self esteem that always kills these dreams
‘cause as children we were forced to believe that not everything is what it seems
bred with an innocence, so frail and so willing to love
but when we grow up we get mixed signals and forget what love really is
so instead we’re faced with lust and she is full of shit
nothing is too big to grasp, look at the men that landed on the moon
the very same moon that we look up at every single night
when the shadows seem too real and we’re frailer than we are in the sun
the very same moon in which under we learned to run
thinking we don’t hold the ability to pursue such amazing things
thinking it’s all okay to just sit back and see what life brings, to us
instead of the other way around, but I learned that doesn’t work at all
if there’s something you want, you need to go get it, with or without the fall
“good things come to those who wait”, sounds like a challenge to our fates
and isn’t that just amazing, isn’t that lovely?
half of us are addicts, but we are all in recovery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment