I have been sober for six months. Wow... even just saying that feels amazing. It feels better than having a million dollars in my bank account. There are things that I can't take back that have happened in my past, but I have moved on from that. Being in Cambridge Bay is amazing, I love the freedom and the serenity of the land. I'm not going to lie, it's easy to be sober here. I work, I play, I do school work, and I sleep. I hang out with my friends, my family, and the kids. I chose to dedicate my life for seven months to be here, to help myself. I feel that I am a better person now. I see the world more clearly, I am more understanding, more compassionate, more open to new beginnings, and letting go of old endings. My life didn't end just because I moved 3000 miles away. To be honest, it has just began. I was not living before..I was merely getting by. I have priorities. I feel alive..
I'm going home at the end of June. A piece of my heart will always remain here, in the land, in this sky, in this ocean, with these children, with my work done here. I have high hopes for my future. I'm not afraid to relapse. I have had a taste of death, and I have had a taste of life.
I choose life. xo
I love you and I am so beyond thankful for how things have turned around for the best for you. I am not longer scared of what's to come , but excited and well excited. you're doing amazing. Keep it up babe. xoxo.
ReplyDelete