Young
girl with the “world” in her hands,
overwhelming pressure from the constricting demands
used to be beautiful now stuck with a crooked smile and more damage inside than
out
trying to find peace of mind but that’s something she hasn’t fucking figured
out
yeah, what’s it worth if the one thing you appreciated no longer exists?
the depth of happiness is determined by a box measured in height and width
maybe that’s a little depressing and narcissistic of me to say
but I can’t get over the things that flashed through my mind that day
all the words I never got to speak, all the mountains I never got to climb
all the torment I never had the chance to leave behind
laying on my back underneath almost a thousand pounds of pressure
staring up at the sky, too numb to feel the cool May weather
I never saw light and I never saw the Lord smiling at me with open arms
snow soaking in through my coat while I prayed to be taken home
I survived, and I can’t put my finger on why I lived to see another full moon
why am I still here, and so many other ones have gone and passed too soon?
some things we just cannot figure out, some questions will always remain
unanswered
because the only One with the whole truth is the One who created the cancers
I write these verses because it’s a part of my curse, I’ve been committed since
I came to this universe
to dedicate my life to speaking the truth to the unfortunate ones stricken by
the lies
tears aren’t worth a thing, unless those tears produce gold, poison, or money
cause water from the ducts won’t buy you what’s lovely
and we strive for good yet are never where we really wanna be
since all good things, even love, come with outstanding fees
some of us are joyful, some of us are sad, but we are all sinners
it’s easier to hide the secrets deep within the snow of the winter
and after a long road of travelling with a broken heart and no response to love
that hinders
I have learned to not be so greedy, and not pursue all that glitters.
No comments:
Post a Comment