Who’s to say whether I’m doing what I should be doing?
who has the right to tell me what dreams I should or shouldn’t be pursuing?
yeah, take a look at me now, I’m finally controlling my own life
and that makes you mad cause you don’t think I’m doing what’s right
but take a step back, calm down, re think this entire situation
at least I’m not out on the streets still chasing the pavement
you want what’s best for me, and the pressure brings me to my knees
it’s like no matter what I do I’m just not built to please
I can’t draw, or paint, or sing, and I’m not the smartest apple on the tree
but I do have a burning passion to fucking show people what it’s like to be me
and these words I speak, there ain’t any bullshit in any of them
it’s all truth, it’s all what I’ve been through, and I don’t like to pretend
I say it how it is, sometimes it gets me into trouble
and I can’t lie, I’ll take a triple over a double
I guess that’s the joy of being so young and holding the world in your hands
you get to make your own blue prints, your own plans
I’m still struggling to find a good balance in between insane and motivated
the fusion of two worlds makes my writing more unique and cultivated
and it’s like the inspiration just flows whenever I feel weak
I’m constantly writing down the words my mouth is scared to speak
that’s what makes me so imperfectly perfect
I live by a simple motto; if it’s easy it’s not worth it
cause I can say, “yeah I’ve been through hell, saw the devil too,
emptied my soul down the drain with that bottle, played with the pipe too
lost too many friends, had my heart broken ten times over
saw the light when I was almost gone, I wish time woulda went slower”
it doesn’t matter about the past or about the shit you’ve been through
what matters is how you cope, what matters is what you do
perfect is a hard word to live up to, yeah the pressure will snap your spirit
that’s why whenever I sense the tension I never even go near it
avoiding hurtful situations is a good way to stay afloat in the water
remembering the truth even when the lies are being sprayed in your face
cant say I trust a brown eyed girl cause time just can’t erase it
so like I said I have this crazy amount of passion and I wanna just conquer the world
but my heart is still so vulnerable and I’d give it all up for this one girl
what would I do without you, what would I do without them
where would I be if I never listened to any of my friends?
I bet you I wouldn’t have lost myself, but then I wouldn’t have found the light
I wouldn’t have learned the true meaning behind the reason of my fight
so if you were to ask me, “do you regret anything at all?”
I would tell you with a straight face, “no, there’s nothing to regret when you stand tall”
so here I am again, watching the snowflakes fall to the ground
the town is so empty and I can’t even hear a sound
times like this are the most beautifully peaceful to me
this is the time my creativity shines through, this is when my heart reigns free
don’t ever think for a moment that all life’s bullshit isn’t worth it
I’m living proof that even addicts and the lowest of the low can turn around and leave it
so go, be free from chains, you’re free to live a newly healthy life
and the greatest accomplishment of all is being able to see the light.
who has the right to tell me what dreams I should or shouldn’t be pursuing?
yeah, take a look at me now, I’m finally controlling my own life
and that makes you mad cause you don’t think I’m doing what’s right
but take a step back, calm down, re think this entire situation
at least I’m not out on the streets still chasing the pavement
you want what’s best for me, and the pressure brings me to my knees
it’s like no matter what I do I’m just not built to please
I can’t draw, or paint, or sing, and I’m not the smartest apple on the tree
but I do have a burning passion to fucking show people what it’s like to be me
and these words I speak, there ain’t any bullshit in any of them
it’s all truth, it’s all what I’ve been through, and I don’t like to pretend
I say it how it is, sometimes it gets me into trouble
and I can’t lie, I’ll take a triple over a double
I guess that’s the joy of being so young and holding the world in your hands
you get to make your own blue prints, your own plans
I’m still struggling to find a good balance in between insane and motivated
the fusion of two worlds makes my writing more unique and cultivated
and it’s like the inspiration just flows whenever I feel weak
I’m constantly writing down the words my mouth is scared to speak
that’s what makes me so imperfectly perfect
I live by a simple motto; if it’s easy it’s not worth it
cause I can say, “yeah I’ve been through hell, saw the devil too,
emptied my soul down the drain with that bottle, played with the pipe too
lost too many friends, had my heart broken ten times over
saw the light when I was almost gone, I wish time woulda went slower”
it doesn’t matter about the past or about the shit you’ve been through
what matters is how you cope, what matters is what you do
perfect is a hard word to live up to, yeah the pressure will snap your spirit
that’s why whenever I sense the tension I never even go near it
avoiding hurtful situations is a good way to stay afloat in the water
remembering the truth even when the lies are being sprayed in your face
cant say I trust a brown eyed girl cause time just can’t erase it
so like I said I have this crazy amount of passion and I wanna just conquer the world
but my heart is still so vulnerable and I’d give it all up for this one girl
what would I do without you, what would I do without them
where would I be if I never listened to any of my friends?
I bet you I wouldn’t have lost myself, but then I wouldn’t have found the light
I wouldn’t have learned the true meaning behind the reason of my fight
so if you were to ask me, “do you regret anything at all?”
I would tell you with a straight face, “no, there’s nothing to regret when you stand tall”
so here I am again, watching the snowflakes fall to the ground
the town is so empty and I can’t even hear a sound
times like this are the most beautifully peaceful to me
this is the time my creativity shines through, this is when my heart reigns free
don’t ever think for a moment that all life’s bullshit isn’t worth it
I’m living proof that even addicts and the lowest of the low can turn around and leave it
so go, be free from chains, you’re free to live a newly healthy life
and the greatest accomplishment of all is being able to see the light.
No comments:
Post a Comment