3/28/2012

Expeditions

Throughout my travels I gained a few new notches on my belt
even in the tornados I learned to control the urges I felt
passing through the eye of the storm was not an easy task
pushing my way through the darkness surrounded by living trash
or so I thought I learned to control these feelings
I guess I just found new ways of patiently dealing
I used to pray for pianos to fall on me through the ceiling
faith doesn’t stand a chance when you don’t know what you’re believing in
I used to smile every time someone said I broke their passion
to me breaking their hearts was me trying to understand them
they never thought my jokes were funny, they never could see the real me in my eyes
I trained myself to hide behind dark glasses, ignoring the flashes
of the cameras everywhere I went, it’s like they wanted to document my life
and with each failing blow to my demeanour, I smiled at their failure
I knew they wouldn’t capture enough on me to put me on the front burner
but I know I hold the ability to make her love me, and then burn her
I’ve been taught some good tricks, but I prefer to throw fits
deceiving until my hands are worn out from digging into white bricks
failure comes down harshly, ten fold, with god’s relentless smite
I know he disapproves of my style but I’ve been built to fight
and you know, like they say, you can’t teach an old dog new tricks
even though I’m young, I’m still too far in this, to progress into brighter futures
been trained, raised, bred to be a fucking loser
so come a little closer, let me tell you one of my biggest secrets
the only advice I have for anyone, is turn around and fucking leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment