"Failures and Blessings" is the perfect title for my blog. I have once lived a life that was full of failure - every day I would make the same mistakes, repeating the same deadly cycle my Brother went through - and it caused me to fail a lot of things that a smart girl like me should have accomplished. Blessings is also very suiting, as now that I am clean and sober, I see how blessed I truly am, to be alive, to have family, friends, and to have an opportunity to work where I am, doing what I do - and I am blessed to have been given a second chance that most addicts never see.
The point of this blog, number one - is for personal release. I'm a writer, and I'd like to have somewhere where I can share my writing in an informal way so that maybe someone will come across it on the web and feel good knowing they are not alone. A lot of my writing is based upon the struggles I went through with my addiction, and how much it really tore apart my life.
The second point of me having this blog, is to share with people the beauty of the Canadian Arctic. I will be posting pictures and just little blurbs on how my days here have been, what kind of things I do, and how being here in this amazing, yet isolated and deadly, place has changed my life.
PS -- you can see the pictures I post better if you click on them! It enlarges the picture to the size that I uploaded it as..blogger is just ghetto and doesn't show the full size on the post :)
happy reading,
Shay. xox
Disclaimer: All writings, pictures and posts in this blog are property of ShayMarie, and are not to be used for any personal or public gain outside of this blog. Copyright 2012 by ShayMarie.
No comments:
Post a Comment